Science CMS is a multi-site Content Management System (CMS) and dedicated Web crawler. Typically a CMS makes it easy to publish and administrate information coming from various origin. There is also a clear separation of content, structure and design. A standard feature of Science CMS is the possibility to manage several websites within a single software installation. Added to Science CMS are several modules with data mining modules.
- Easy content production - Designed with non-technical content editors. All department members even with average knowledge of word processing can create the content easily. No HTML or programming skills required. No Web designers or programmers are needed for every little modification - you are in control of your website.
- Decentralized - Edit anywhere, anytime.
- Design - Content is stored separate from Web design.
- Easy Navigation - Menus are generated automatically based on the content.
- Access - Users are assigned roles and permissions.
- Versions - All changes in Web pages are stored.
- Search Engines - All pages can be found and indexed by search engines like Google.
- Multiple Websites - Within a single software installation, it is possible to create multiples websites.
- Mobile Devices - compatible thanks to responsive design
- Editor - Create and edit every page directly online.
- Text Search - The built-in search engine can index the intranet and the Web pages.
- Secured Contact - The contact page is secured
- Sitemap - The sitemap (map of all Web pages) is automatically generated
- Printer Friendly - Only text content is printed.
- Job Module - Advertising open positions
- Agenda module - Bring all your events online
- Alerts - Send alerts to your members
- Publications Repository - The publications database system allows to managed a complete bibliographic database. This includes uploading PDF documents, export options, built-in search engine, etc.
- Personal Web pages - Each group member can manage his/her own Web page. When publications, projects or lectures are found, they are automatically linked on the personal Web page.
Software and Technical Features
- Edition: the userfriendly HTML editor is tinyMCE
- Browser compatibility - Science CMS works with most current browsers (MSIE, Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Android, etc).
- Modular programing - The CMS is modular, and additional features can be added or removed from the system.
- Development - Due to its modular and clear programing, the CMS can be extended or modified.
- Software required - The CMS is installed on our server. You do not need any special software.
- Quality Assurance - Pages are HTML and CSS validated by W3C
- Automated Server Report : the server is checked every hour against standard problems.
- Login: login are always encrypted with SHA1 160 bits keys
- HTTPS: the administration part run under HTTPS server with SSL encryption.
- Independant MySQL Users : Visitors have only read access to the MySQL database.
- Backup - There is a backup on the entire database content every day.
- The access to the CMS back-end can be restricted to some IP or domains.
Certifications and Awards
Award - The portal myScience.ch based on Science CMS, was awarded by the magazin Anthrazit as beeing one of the 200 best websites in Switzerland in 2009. [Anthrazit February 2009 "Die 200 Best Websites 2009"]. myScience.ch has about 1500 unique visitors per day in 2010.
Science CMS runs
- myScience Austria - Research and Careers in Austria
- myScience Belgium - Research and Careers Belgium