Science CMS is a multi-site Content Management System (CMS) and dedicated Web crawler. Typically a CMS makes it easy to publish and administrate information coming from various origin. There is also a clear separation of content, structure and design. A standard feature of Science CMS is the possibility to manage several websites within a single software installation. Added to Science CMS are several modules with data mining modules.
- Content production - Designed with non-technical content editors.
- Decentralized - Edit anywhere, anytime.
- Design - Content is stored separate from Web design.
- Navigation - Menus are generated automatically based on the content.
- Access - Users are assigned roles and permissions.
- Versions - All changes in Web pages are stored.
- Search Engines - All pages can be found and indexed by search engines.
- Multiple Websites - Within a single software installation, it is possible to create multiple websites.
- Mobile Devices - compatible thanks to responsive design
- Editor - Create and edit every page directly online.
- Text Search - The built-in search engine can index the intranet and the Web pages.
- Secured Contact - The contact page is secured
- Sitemap - The sitemap (map of all Web pages) is automatically generated
- Printer Friendly - Only text content is printed.
- Job Module - Advertising open positions
- Agenda module - Bring all your events online
- Alerts - Send alerts to your followers
- Publications Repository - The publications database system allows to managed a complete bibliographic database.
Software and Technical Features
- Edition: the userfriendly HTML editor is tinyMCE
- Browser compatibility - Science CMS works with most current browsers (MSIE, Firefox, Mozilla, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Android, etc).
- Modular programing - The CMS is modular, and additional features can be added or removed from the system.
- Development - Due to its modular and clear programing, the CMS can be extended or modified.
- Software required - The CMS is installed on our server. You do not need any special software.
- Quality Assurance - Pages are HTML and CSS validated by W3C
- Automated Server Report : the server is checked every hour against standard problems.
- Login: login are always encrypted with SHA1 160 bits keys
- HTTPS: the administration part run under HTTPS server with SSL encryption.
- Independant MySQL Users
- Backup - There is a backup on the entire database content every day.
- The access to the CMS back-end can be restricted
Certifications and Awards
Award - The portal myScience.ch based on Science CMS, was awarded by the magazin Anthrazit as being one of the 200 best websites in Switzerland in 2009. [Anthrazit February 2009 "Die 200 Best Websites 2009"]. myScience.ch has about 1500 unique visitors per day in 2010.